Black Bat

june favs

19 Jul 2016

I understand that this post is soooooooo long but idk what to do <3 
#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 
#1, Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye, Mascara [dupe, L’oreal False Lash Flutter, Mascara]
 now I know I say this alot but I honestly think I have found the best mascara ever. I had a sample of the bobbi brown smokey eye mascara whilst having my makeup done at Bobbi brown a while ago and fell in love with it instantly.  This mascara leaves your lashes so fluttery and long, without clumping at all. Having the roots of my lashes blonde/brown is a pain since some mascaras can leave your lashes looking grey but only one coat is literally enough as this mascara is extra black!
 I also struggle with mascara providing too much volume that the end product is my lashes being clumpy, heavy and truly disgusting. But this mascara leans more towards lengthening lashes than volumizing, however enough to slightly thicken lashes (??!!?). The wand is truly amazing as it curls your lashes leaving an effortless and quick look, I already have ‘fuller’ lashes hence this product works wonders as the wand is long and straight providing the right amount of separation and definition. This legit just makes your lashes look so buff and natural yet like eyelash extensions all at the same time (if u don’t get me go test it out yourself)

#2, Bobbi Brown Corrector, Light Bisque 
a quick background on my under eyes, they are bad and honestly I can’t do much to fully erase them or make them look invisible. Nor will I ever actually, the skin under my eyes is really thin, thinner than most, hence the blood vessels under my eyes are more prominent and appear more blue/purple (being very pale also contributes to that factor, yay for me) Then genetics plays a factor with dark circles, so double yay for me as my mum also has bad dark circles :))), and me being the lucky one I inherited her more reddish dark circles and dry skin. So not only do I have hints of blue and purple under my eyes but also red and dry under eyes, which means if I don’t use the right concealer, the concealer can actually flake off (really disgusting and ugly). And then no matter what concealer, or corrector or eye cream or setting powder , over time my under eyes lose its ‘coverage and brightness’ to the point where I don’t understand why or know the science behind it, but my under eyes turn brownish and really shadowy. So I’ve yet to find a concealer routine that actually works on really dark circles.
But, if you don't have the same problem as me regarding under eyes, this corrector will change your life. Especially if you have blue and purple tones under your eyes (well less than I do). This corrector is a light peach shade that counteracts those colours and creates an even base for your concealer. I think correctors are a must especially if you’re blessed with dark circles. The formula is a bit thick however once blended sits perfectly on the skin, also you need less concealer when using a corrector which is always good.

#3, Derma Skin Repair Le Soin, Eye Cream (can’t find the link :( )
This next product goes hand in hand with the corrector as it’s a eye cream. As I mentioned I have dry skin on top of dark circles, this eye cream seems to be the only one that tames the ‘dryness’. Without an eye cream I promise you my concealer literally drys up and flakes of (tmi but true). This eye cream feels lightweight on the eyes and absorbs really quick which was a main reason I thought the eye cream wouldn’t work since it doesn’t really feel like your under eyes are hydrated enough. But secretly they are! My sister unfortunately brought this in France so if you ever find yourself in a french pharmacy, have your eyes set on this product!

#4, Mac lightscapade Highlighter  [I’ve heard MUA and Sleek highlighters are good dupes]
lots of people rave about the soft and gentle highlighter from Mac, but if your pale then I really don’t recommend it since it’s too golden and doesn’t look natural. Henceee I brought the highlighter in the shade Lightscapade  which is literally for pale people as the ‘coverage’ is build able and not cakey. Its’s vvv good to achieve a natural glow without overdoing it.

#5, Bobbi Brown, Bronzing Powder [dupe, Sleek Contour Kit]
This bronzer is actually perfect, it’s a bit too dark for me seeing as I’m really pale but with a light hand this bronzer is <3. I like to place it more on my forehead and cheekbones just to literally bronze up my face and add dimension. It goes on so smoothly and doesn’t look cakey like some bronzers. Some bronzers are actually orange and thick on my pale skin but this is the perfect bronze shade. I use the shade ‘Golden Light 1’ which I’m assuming is the lightest shade so I promise you I’m really pale so this would be perfect for my pale sisters out there!
#6, music favs
I know a lot of people tend to lean towards more makeup posts and not music related posts, but I really love music favs so I’m going to combine my musics favs with my june favs and not a separate post. (hope that makes you happy)
  • With You, Drake
  • Feel No Ways, Drake 
  • Redemption, Drake, 
  • Pop Style <333, Drake 
  • Too Good, Drake 
  • Fire & Desire, Drake 
  • It Won’t Stop, Sevyn Streeter ft Chris Brown
  • any Ariana Grande song sung at Vivo Presents live


1 comment :

  1. I like the look of that highlighter but I doubt it'll suit my skin tone...
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I reply to every one of them so make sure you check back, Ambra x