Black Bat

Study mode uno

13 May 2016

pls excuse the rushed intro, the post is generally long :(

Music 
Unless you can actually revise with music, then use music. If you can’t. Don’t. (duh) I literally have to listen to the weirdest sounds on youtube, I’m covering up how much I actually like these sounds :))
(you get the gist) These block out any other background noise you have at home and in a nutshell, helps you concentrate more on your work.

this photo has no relation to this post whatsoever but has been strategically placed to break up the text- move along now.

Use the internet productively 
For science I use videos like ‘MyGCSEscience’ or Youtube videos like ‘CrashCourse'. If you’re aiming for A-A*, I prefer learning the basics with MyGCSEscience videos then using CrashCourse videos and my textbooks to have a more in-depth knowledge on that topic. Side note pls don’t use cgp for science, The AQA biology student book is honestly worth how expensive it is.

MyGCSEscience (youtube)
My-GCSEscience (website)
CrashCourse  (youtube)
AQA GCSE Biology Student Book 

Electronics
 98% of the time I need to use my laptop so I use this app called ‘Self Control’ (It only works for Apple but there are other apps). This app blocks all the websites you’ve ‘blacklisted’ e.g. Facebook but allows you to only go on the websites you need. Once you’ve selected your time and click start there is no way to stop the timer, trust me I even tried restarting my laptop and it still was on.


FOR PART 2 GO CHECK OUT DALALS POST BC WE ARE EXTRA LIKE THAT :)) 



4 comments :

  1. The nature sounds are so good to listen to! I have an app on my ipad called Rain Rain and there are so many wonderful sounds *sigh* :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky I'm one who can concentrate with music on (in fact, I can't concentrate without music, ha) but when it comes to revising, I often go for instrumentals. CrashCourse videos are some of my favourites!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I'm so going to check out the crashcourse youtube - thank you so much! (also good luck with exams) x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't study with music and sometime, it annoys me a lot! x

    www.queenofdisastah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I reply to every one of them so make sure you check back, Ambra x