Black Bat

Ao没t favourites

7 Sep 2015

First of all, yes I am going to title my monthly favourites in the little French I know. I wish I could start my favourite posts with a sentence other than 'this month has gone so fast' but being the cliche girl I am, I have nothing else to say, well hasn't the month of August gone fast?! I've offically started year 11 and I am on the verge of 18237 panic attacks, crying, smashing plates and the obvious, binge eating. 

My first favourite is the Algenist melting cleanser. It starts of as a thick gel substance, which when applied to skin transforms into a lightweight and luxurious oil, which then gently removes long-wearing makeup all in one step. Then when you apply water to your face, the oil transforms into a milky emulsion (ooo chemistry) which then cleanses your skin and leaves it super soft and nourished. I am in love with the subtle fragrance of vanilla (yummmm). This is slightly expensive at £32 in Space NK (please count how many times I have written 'which then' and tell me in the comments)


For my birthday Edie from thelifeofedie bought me a few stuff from Urban outfitters (fancy, I know!) One of the things she bought me was the EOS smooth stick in 'Sweet Mint'. The smell is amazing, and I may or may not lick my lips 10672323 times because the taste is just heavenly. It's not all about the packaging (pfff it really is), but this actually moisturises my lips especially how its getting cooler in London, I’ll definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out. Thank you to my gal Edie for the presents, check our her blog you will not regret it!!  

My last favourites are music related, I’ve been obsessed with these three songs which are in a playlist and always on repeat. The songs are Calvin Harris & Disciples - How Deep Is Your Love, can I just say the video for this song is perfect, you should check that out. Years and Years - Shine which I cannot describe in words, you need to hear this! Lastly is Selena Gomez ft A$AP ROCKY - look good for you, I don't normally listen to Selena Gomez’s singles but this song has touched me and is so good!! Ekkk am I not the best at describing songs??!!!? 

                Sorry for the short amount of favourites but also for a heavy word post, I’ve decided to change up how I write my posts. I am a very sarcastic person who hates using big, complicating words. So, sorry in advance because my posts a few months ago were just not me, and I felt that I had to put on a show and write in a professional manner and stop my actual personality from showing through- which is definitely not me, I am a very simple and casual girl and hopefully I can show that in my upcoming posts!!

What have been your favourite this month?

Ambra x 

12 comments :

  1. Lovely post Ambra, the eos lip balm looks stunning. Its definitely right up my alley, I always have a lip balm on me at all times xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, you should really invest in one

      Ambra x

      Delete
  2. Great post. I really want to try an EOS lip balm!

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should check it out

      Ambra x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the stick EOS! Especially the vanilla one! I have that mint one in the original ball thing though and it tastes so good haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does haha, I can’t stop licking my lips

      Ambra x

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the photos in this post, especially how you managed to add in your keyboard and not make it look weird (?) That cleanser has such a unique concept although the £32 price tag is a little too much! I'm yet to try anything from EOS and I'm in need of a new lip balm so guess who may be twinning with you soon ha,
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I was worried that it looked a bit weird, but thanks anyway :) I think there are cheaper alternatives to that cleanser but it really is an amazing buy and totally worth all the money. We should totally twin with our EOS lip balms!!!

      Ambra x

      Delete
  5. I want this eos stick! It looks really good. Very good post!
    life-with-marianne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it, its amazingggggg, thank you Marianne!!

      Ambra x

      Delete
  6. Every month really does seem to go by so quickly! I hope Year 11 (or junior year in the States) is still fun for you! Not sure how the system works in the UK, but it's known as the most stressful year here, especially with college aps. But it's also really fun being an upperclassmen!

    EOS was very popular a while ago here with the circular balms- I really liked them, but they were just so clunky and unwieldy to put in pockets. They feel great on your lips though!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly think revising for the whole year is going to be fun (criessssssss), especially trying to get into college/sixth form :(((
      I had the EOS circular balms as well however it would never ‘really’ moisturise my lips, it was just a accessory. However the Smooth Stick, its pretty amazing!!

      Ambra xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I reply to every one of them so make sure you check back, Ambra x