Black Bat

Monthly Loves | May Favourites

10 Jun 2015


June! This year has gone so fast, in about 2 months I will be in year 11, but officially in September! I've never done a favourites post on my blog but I have been trying to do more posts that I haven't tried on my blog yet. If you have any requests for blog posts then I'd appreciate it as I’m trying to attempt different things on my blog, I would really appreciate it if you could comment some requests.

Beauty // 
I don’t have much beauty favourites this month as I don’t bother with much makeup especially as the summer is approaching! My first beauty favourite is one which I brought recently, the L'Oreal Paris Lash Flutter Mascara in black, its makes your lashes look fuller and thicker without the clump. I never fill in my eyebrows so I just like to tame then in place with my Mac Brow Clear Set Gel, it is a perfect formula as it isn’t sticky nor too gloopy. I have been loving the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Corrupt, it is the perfect brown pencil eyeliner with a hint shimmer. I love to use it on more natural days when I want a softer look than black eyeliner as it is also creamy and soft. It is only £15.50 but it also super long lasting so it's well worth the money in my opinion. Finally I have the Burberry Kisses Lipstick which I got a free sample by filling out a form on twitter however that promotion did expire unfortunately, it is in the shade ‘05 nude pink' it's so creamy, moisturising and just such a lovely natural shade to throw on. I’m considering buying the full size as it's such a good lip product. In the image below, it looks more dark however its such a 'my lips but better' shade! 





SkinCare //
Dry skin has recently been a problem for my skin which is weird as it is nearly summer, so to fix the dry areas I like to apply Bio Oil on my face every night. Once that's done I like to pat my face after with some tissue as the Bio Oil can be uncomfortable as you're basically putting a thick oil on your face. Along with this, I like to use my Carmax Chapstick in Vanilla which is amazing! I have also been loving the Mask Of Magnaminty which I featured in my Kings Road Haul but I did promise a full review which will be up the following month. I tend to use this about once a week and its been preventing future spots but also has been removing some small spots that I have around my face. 





Music // 
I have been loving spotify recently, my favourite current playlist has been ' This Is House ' by This is, I really love there playlists. They include more deep house music which I enjoy, they include artists like Tove Lo and disclosure, they have a ton of other playlists which I enjoy. 

Tv Shows // 
Instead of netflix, I have been using a website called ororo.tv which I have been using for about a year, you pay around £3.00 a month. It is similar to netflix but in my opinion has wayyy more shows. If you do not have an account you can watch about 3 episodes a day which is free. I have recently been loving the shows iZombie and Daredevil both are quite different from eachother but also similar in a way. iZombie is about a human who pretty much got turned to a zombie on a disaster boat party, and now essentially eats corpses brains as she now works in a morgue and enters thier memories via the brain to solve their murders. Daredevil is about a blind guy who has superhuman senses or like 6th sense like super cool hearing and is pretty much a superhero. As you can probably tell I am terrible at describing stuff but you should totally check them out as they're very interesting and not your average TV show. 

Ambra xo 

10 comments :

  1. Lovely post Ambra, I've got to admit that this year is zooming past us! The mask of magnaminty is amazing at keeping spots at bay. It's a bit strange that your skin is getting dry in summer, it usually should get more oily! I'd love to try one of the Urban Decay eyeliner pencils, I've tried them on my hand and they glide on so smoothly and are so pigmented! Amazing post and fab pictures.
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Dalal! The mask of magnamainty is amazing on troubled skin or even to prevent my future spots. It is definitely weird that I have been getting dry skin recently, it bugs me soo much! And the Urban Decay eyeliners are amazing, they are so smooth yet stay on for the longest time plus they are under £20; you should totally try it out x

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  2. Loving this post Ambra. How is it June already?? I haven't heard of the L'oreal mascara, but I think I might have to try it out. it sounds really nice. I also love the photos, definitely jealous of your skills haha Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Katie, you should definitely check it out. Thankyou for the comment about my pictures, I spent along time on them x

      Ambra

      Delete
  3. Loved the post! And the pictures make the products look tempting! Surely gonna try them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! You should really check them out especially the mask of magmaminty x

      Ambra //

      Delete
  4. That mac brow gel looks like something I need in my life.. I love your pictures in this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it, I might add my one does not look the most appealing haha, my sister would use it whilst she filled in her eyebrows ek!!

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  5. These all look like such lovely products! You should do favourites posts more often Ambra, really enjoyed this!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definantly will, thank you Becca x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I reply to every one of them so make sure you check back, Ambra x