Black Bat

Bombshell Hotness

20 Jun 2015



This bombshell look is a Veronica Lake and Marilyn Monroe inspired look, Focusing on the bold lips and feline flick. Recently I went Harrods with my sister where we saw the Charlotte Tilbury stand, they displayed pictures of models with separate looks, the concept is pretty cool! You essentially pick the look you preferred and then buy the set which includes all the individual makeup in one set. The sets are quite pricey though, ranging from £145 to £165, however, for such great quality and a large range of full sized products, it's worth it. I chose the Bombshell set/look as it's way out of my comfort zone so I wanted to try something new as well as it being very versatile, you could switch it up for day and night looks. Since my mum loves bold makeup looks we share some of the makeup together and she loves it as much as I do.

Eyes // Colour Chamelo EyeShadow Stick // Amber Haze

I first use the Colour Chamelo EyeShadow Stick in Amber Haze and apply it in my crease. This is so easy to use, glides on the crease smoothly and is so quick to blend out, even with your fingers. I tend to only apply this shade in my crease only as it can be a bit over the top. Instead, I use a light champagne colour on my lid to make sure the colours even out without being too dramatic. If you want a more of a night and smoky eyed look then apply the eyestick all over your lids and use a transition colour in the crease and a darker colour in the outer corner!

To create the dramatic cat eye I use the Feline Flick eyeliner and seeing as I'm not the best at eyeliner, the pointy felt tip ensures an easy application. This retails at £22, however, there are alot of eyeliners with a tip like this on the market for way cheaper like the Collection extreme 24hr liner or the Soap and Glory supercat liner. It dries matte but it does tend to smear onto your lid after a few hours, which is one of its downsides.

I am in love with this mascara, it provides length, volume and no clumping which is everything I look for in a mascara. As a person who has fairly long lashes this separates my lashes whilst giving volume and curling them as well. I really do love this mascara, it mentions that it gives you dramatic lashes but on my lashes, it provides a more natural look than dramatic- which I personally love. If you have short stubby lashes, this mascara will probably clump your lashes together and give a more dramatic look.


Blush // Sex On Fire 
This is one of my favourite products from the entire set as the blush is so natural and has 2 colours in one which you can swirl to get a lovely warm and rich colour. It is pigmented but not so much that it looks cakey so it can be built up to give a more dramatic look. Its not very shimmery to the point that it makes your skin look oily, but has a small amount of shimmer that can be caught in the light which I really like!



LipLiner // Lip Cheat / / Kiss n Tell 
This lip liner is the perfect shade which contributes to the inspired Marylin Monroe look. It has more of a pink undertone which is amazing, ‘Kiss n Tell’ is easy to glide on and fairly lasts a long time and it doesn't drag onto your lips like some lip liners. When it comes to the bold red lip you need accuracy otherwise the lips will look uneven, this lip liner ensures your lipstick from bleeding to your skin so you can have a clean, bold red lip.


Lipstick // K.I.S.S.I.N.G // So Marilyn 

This is highly pigmented and a gorgeous colour to finish off the bold look. It's extremely creamy and glides on your lips as well as moisturising them slightly. The only downside is that it transfers to everything, whether its food, clothes or mugs. I’ve read so many reviews on this lipstick which say it doesn't smudge and lasts the whole day, but on my lips I have to constantly check up on it which is a shame as it's such a beautiful shade.




Last is this lip gloss which is probably the best lip gloss I've tried as it isn't sticky or gloopy! It gives the right amount of gloss and richness so it is perfect to apply on top of any lipstick or even alone just to add that polished touch. It has amazing pigmentation yet is not too much nor too sheer. I truly do love this lip gloss as it has everything you need to finish off your whole look.


I do want to conclude with the fact that I haven't posted in over a week, 9 days or so to be exact which is mind blowing seeing as I promised weekly posts! I don't want to make any excuses but my mind has been hazy and unsure to post about, so I would defiantly love it for you to comment below some post suggestions as it would benefit me in many ways. 
Ambra xo 

20 comments :

  1. What an amazingly written post with beautiful photos, you can tell how much time you spent on this post! And as for post suggestions maybe try a summer makeup look or even a summer smoothie to change things up?
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Dalal ;), I did spend time on this post, glad to see it showed! I might try a summer waterprood makeup look but I also like the summer smoothie idea, thankyou!!

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love this post Ambra it is really well written. I love all of the photos and all of the makeup looks so incredibly pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Katie, I truly appreciate it !

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  3. I really love this idea, Ambra.The photos are stunning, and that blush looks flippin gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, its so cool how you can buy the whole look at once! And thank you, I’m not to keen on the photos haha but I needed to post asap! The blush is amzingggg, its probably my holy grail now like ah

      Ambra x

      Delete
  4. This is so well written Ambra! I have never tried Charlotte Tilbury mainly because I'm skint! This has really made me want to try one of her products though! Lovely post chick x

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Becca, Charlotte Tilbury products are kind of expensive but its just soooooooo worth it haha

      Ambra x

      Delete
  5. Loved the post!! I'd love to try out the mascara!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nidhi! You really should, it is actually amazing I love it soo much. It does everything I need in one tube

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  6. I've been dying to try anything and everything from Charlotte Tilbury's range, the only thing that's holding me back is the price! I love the look of all of the products you've mentionned and that blusher has been on my beuaty lust list for a while now. I'd also love to own the Filmstar Bronze and Glow from the range too :) x

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was also what held me back from trying anything from her range to be honest but I was like you know what you never know until you tried. And I don’t regret anything, you should defiantly try out there blush. If not at least try it in the shop and beg for a sample haha

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  7. This is such a great post! All the products you got with The Bombshell look are so amazing. My favourite from her looks are this and The Golden Goddess. I definitely need to invest in more of Charlotte's products after seeing your post.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And I also loved the Golden Goddess it was so amazing, but I bought this so I could save some more money and use it with my mum haha

      Ambra x

      Delete
  8. I love loveeeeeeee the blosher and her packaging, very vintage! Nice post babe! xx

    Shxkin.com
    (Your Bloglovin' friend)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, its to dieeee for! And I thought that as well her packaging is so cool

      Ambra x

      Delete
  9. I loved this post, now I really want some charlotte tilbury makeup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should and thankyou!

      Ambra xo

      Delete
  10. Will you follow eachother? If yes , please follow me on GFC and leave a comment. I will come back and follow you. Loves.

    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I would love the follower but I don't GFC. Sorry about that x

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I reply to every one of them so make sure you check back, Ambra x