Black Bat

Barry M: Vintage Purple Nail Varnish

16 Mar 2015





Recently I've had my eyes on the Nails Inc ' Hyde Park Place' nail varnish, which is a soft greyish taupey colour and despite the fact that it is only £14. I just don't want to buy it, like I literally have no reason... I think its because I'm a tad lazy to buy it. But I do admit, I have never brought a Barry M nail polish *Once again I have no reason*. But I will defo be stoking up on some Barry M nail polishes. So I decided to go down to SuperDrugs and buy the purplish taupey coloured nail polish for only £2.99! 


As for the brush, it is quite thin and I was not used to that. Because of that it a couple of cotton pads, some nail polish remover and about 3 tries I finally got my nails to look semi-decent.

The colour it self is so beautiful. However it is a slight more purplish than I expected since I would of preferred it to have a bit more grey in it, apart from that it, the colour is amazing. It took about 2 coats to get the perfect opaque shade but 1 coat is also enough. 

As for the formula, the formula is slight runny however I would preferred it to be runny than to be very sticky.


I feel like I've talked about all the cons to the nail polish but I do truly love it. As for the price, like there is no need to talk about that since it was ONLY £2.99 like whatttt ?!!?! Barry M also do a wide variety of nail polishes ranging from about £2.99 to about £4.99 ( I'm not that sure) which is such a bargain. Now this review only goes out to the Vintage Violet shade since I have not tried any other, but i truly love the pigmentation  and the price! So if any one is looking for any cheap quality nail polish I truly recommend Barry M. 





What brand of nail polish do you like? 
Ambra xx 

4 comments :

  1. Your blog design looks really nice and professional, I love it ;) The nail polish colour looks really nice but I think it would also look better with more grey undertones.
    Dalal x, monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Dalal, and I do agree the nail polish should have a more grey undertone. However I really like the unique colour to it
      Ambra x http://fridaysarefab.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Wow that is such a beautiful shade! I absolutely love Barry M nail polishes, especially the Gelly range. They are so pigmented, have such an amazing colour selection and the finish of them is just beautiful! xx
    Emily Faye xx
    emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I have not tried the Gelly range, but I definally will soon. Since as you've said, the pigmentation is apprantly amazing.

    Ambra xx
    fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I reply to every one of them so make sure you check back, Ambra x